Skip to main content
This section is included in your selections.

A Karuk Tribal Court judge is authorized to accept the transfer of jurisdiction from any state or other tribal court, so long as the other Tribe’s governing body has validly consented in writing to the transfer of jurisdiction.

(A) A party interested in transferring jurisdiction to Tribal Court must first file a petition to transfer, along with any supporting documentation, stipulations, or legal authorities, as appropriate or necessary, with the Tribal Court.

(B) Upon issuance of a Tribal Court order accepting transfer of jurisdiction, the transferring court must transfer the case absent good cause to deny the transfer. Both courts must approve of the transfer. [Res. 22-R-037, 2/24/2022; Res. 09-R-062 Title 1 § (3)(B), 4/30/2009.]