Skip to main content
This section is included in your selections.

A petition may be filed by:

(A) Either parent when termination is sought with respect to the other parent;

(B) An authorized Tribal representative or KCWS;

(C) Any other person possessing a legitimate interest in the matter; or

(D) A parent seeking voluntary termination of his or her parental rights.

No parental rights may be terminated or modified unless a petition has first been filed, written notice has been given, and a hearing held in accordance with the provisions of this article. [Res. 22-R-037, 2/24/2022; Res. 09-R-062 Title 1 § (21)(E), 4/30/2009. Formerly 10.10.610.]